Assembling a Stunt Scooter
It's not easy to build your own custom trick scooter. There are as many parts that do not fit together, and wrong assembly can easily destroy parts. This guide helps with tips and tricks for scooter assembly.
Parts for stunt scooters are often made with different standards, and therefore there is no manual on how to assemble a custom scooter. Most people are recommended to use our Build a scooter tool to ensure that all parts fit together.
A Custom Trick scooter consists of
|1x Deck||Includes brake & bolt unless otherwise noted|
|1x Fork||Not all forks fit with 110mm wheels|
|1x Bar||Remember to oversized bar require oversized clamp|
|1x Head set||Threadless headset only fits with threadless fork|
|1x Compression||There are many systems, the most widely used is ICS, HIC & SCS|
|1x Set Grips||Grips for bars fit all bars, unless otherwise noted|
|1x Clamp||Remember that an oversized clamp requires an oversized bar|
|1x Grip Tape||Free choice, but some may need to be cut with a utility knife|
|2x Wheel||Remember 1 wheel per package (unless otherwise stated)|
|4x Bearings||Our bearings fit with all our wheels (unless otherwise stated)|
|2x Spacer (8mm)||Bearings may be destroyed without the use of spacers|
Naming the parts
The model shown is using an ICS system
Advice and recommendations from SkatePro
- Get an adult to help with the assembly
- Use the proper tool
- Expect to use at least 3 hours for assembly (if you have not tried it before)
- Choose parts from the same brand and with dimensions that fit together.
- If you choose lightweight parts, then bear in mind, that they are usually more easily broken than heavy parts.
- We recommend all serious riders to choose a threadless headset and fork with a compression system.
- When you receive the package, check if you have everything and the parts fit together before you start to assemble. (You can return the new / unused parts).
- Always tighten all screws and nuts before running and maintening the scooter as described in the manual. Replace defective components & spare parts.
- After time there will always appear some slack in the headset and even the most expensive one isn't "without noice" quite a long time. (Often it will help to tighten the compression system)
- Avoid water, sand, moist areas - and too many failed tricks, hahah ;)
Watch our video below that basically shows a custom scooter being assembled.
The video shows how to assemble a trick scooter with tools that are available to most people. When SkatePro gathers scooters used professionally special tool to eg assembly / disassembly of headsets and crown raise.
Shall we assemble your scooter?
Unfortunately, we have seen many examples of custom scooters are assembled wrong or insufficient. This results in a scooter that is not working properly and in many cases the scooter parts are worn very quickly or are easily defected.
If you want to make sure that your scooter is assembled correctly you need to add custom scooter assembly to your order. Then SkatePro assembles your custom scooter.